Ayurvedic medicine to reduce blood sugar should be done under the supervision of your doctor and an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner. A personalized Ayurvedic treatment plan can help in controlling your blood sugar levels. Ayurveda is based on three doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha – and good health is realized when all doshas are in balance. Diabetes results due to diminished functioning of agni that can result in high sugar levels.
How is Ayurvedic approach for diabetes different?
Ayurveda is an ancient medical system that provided relief for several ailments for the past 5000 years. It’s a medical system that originated in India and relied on preventative and curative approaches. The expression ‘Ayurveda’ is a composite of two words, ‘Ayu’ implies longevity, and ‘Veda’ signifies science. In brief, Ayurveda is an ancient science focused on enhancing longevity and maintaining sustainable healthcare clinics. Ayurvedic focus is on correcting the imbalances, which are caused primarily as a result of poor and lifestyle habits. Ayurveda offers a sustainable and holistic approach to prevention and treatment. Since Ayurveda concentrates on the root cause of this disease, it effectively reduces the risk of severe health complications stemming from the untreated underlying cause.
How does Ayurveda view blood sugar problem?
What’s a high blood sugar problem?
Diabetes is a metabolic disease that can’t be merely treated by controlling glucose levels. Millions of diabetics manage their blood glucose levels with Ayurveda and prevent the onset of significant health complications caused due to neglecting timely therapy for diabetes.
Ayurvedic solution for high blood sugar problems allows you to get a holistic therapy that addresses the root cause of the problem. Timely treatment is possible with timely diagnosis if some of these symptoms develop:
– Excessive urination
– Constant fatigue
– Sudden weight-loss
– Blurred vision
– Pre-Diabetes Stage: In the first stage of diabetes, Ayurveda treatment works on preventing further increases in blood sugar levels through diet and lifestyle management. Herbal medicines help to avoid lifelong dependence on insulin and reduce the risk of organ damage at a later stage.
– Treatment for chronic diabetes targets reducing the dose of insulin, while managing glucose levels and keeping metabolism to reduce fatigue. Special herbs and Rasayanas help to rejuvenate the body and help prevent additional complications.
– Advanced stage with other complications: Treatment for its advanced phase, particularly with comorbidities (complications), works on enhancing the general quality of life through personalized Rasayanic therapy, diets, and simple lifestyle modifications.
Blood sugar or Type 2 Diabetes causes
High blood sugar or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus is mostly an acquired disorder, which develops due to wrong lifestyle patterns. Sometimes, the ailment is obtained rather quickly because of predisposed genetic aspects.
What is a blood sugar problem according to Ayurveda?
From the Ayurveda lexicon, diabetes is known as “Prameha” or “Madhumeha.”
Dependence on a sedentary lifestyle and oversleeping can aggravate Kapha Dosha and may trigger diabetes. Additionally, the consumption of these food items can also lead to diabetes by aggravating Kapha and vitiating the muscle and fat tissues:
– Yogurt and other milk products
– Recently harvested grains
– Carbonated beverages
Likewise, Pitta Dosha can be aggravated by diet factors. This imbalance can result in another type of diabetes. When both Kapha and Pitta are out of balance, it disturbs the Vata. The aggravated Vata brings the basis of the bone marrow and lymph and divides it to the urinary tract, which ultimately induces another kind of diabetes.
Ayurvedic medicines for blood sugar treament
How does Ayurveda heal high blood sugar?
Ayurveda’s aim in treating diabetes is to reach “Reverse Pathogenesis,” also called “Samprapti Vighatana.” There are many treatments used in Ayurveda to fight diabetes. Managing this disorder can be challenging, but it is not impossible. Lifestyle changes, together with Ayurvedic herbs for diabetes, helps you maintain and regulate your glucose levels. Furthermore, Ayurveda suggests some reachable home treatments that everyone can prepare for starters, Ayurveda states that to keep your diabetes in check, you’ll have to limit your consumption of sugar and simple carbs. Consult a physician before you try out some of those home remedies.
Unstable blood sugar is a significant issue, and several men and women are searching for ways to control it holistically and naturally. Diabetes isn’t only a disease, but it turns into a lifestyle that includes daily drugs and health troubles. But with foods that lower blood glucose immediately and Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes, you reverse the harmful effects of the lifestyle disorder.
Typically, diabetes takes place because of some Kapha and Vata imbalance, which affects the metabolic rate also. This imbalance results in diabetic conditions that could only be categorized as lifestyle disorders. A research study in IJGMP shows that Panchakarma treatment and corrective dietary measures have led to significantly reducing the FBS and PPBS, and there are noticeable tendencies of lipid correction.
1. Panchakarma detox for diabetes control
Panchakarma is a necessity for the alteration of the root causes of diabetes. Holistic mind-body interventions, dietary modifications, yoga, and stress management will become more successful in reversing diabetes following a Panchakarma session. This success is because detox boosts toxin-removal and enables cells to function optimally. The Panchakarma treatment procedure differs for slender and obese patients. A combination of nourishing treatments and drugs are administered on an emaciated individual. In the event of obese people, the use of Panchakarma treatments (Vamana and Virechana) is advised. Before detox is completed, the Udwartana process is performed – a dry treated herb powder massage that’s done to decrease the visceral fat.
– A set of sedation therapies like Jambeera Pinda Sweda/Choorna Pinda Sweda, followed by Bashpa Sweda, are carried out to encourage the reduction of fat and insulin resistance.
– Abdominal Udwartana using a cellulite bursting herb formula, a massage is done over the stomach, which results in inch loss.
– Shirodhara or Shiro Takra Dhara is done to relax and calm the mind.
– Dinacharya and Ratricharya are managed to maintain the normal circadian rhythms and rhythms of the human body.
2. Ayurveda recommends several solutions to manage blood glucose levels. To bring glucose levels under control, Ayurveda uses the following mix of Kutki, Punarnava, Guduchi, and Shardunika. You can take half a teaspoon two-three times daily, with lukewarm water.
3. Pour a cup of water (with an Ayurvedic mix like) to a copper vessel at night and drink it in the morning.
4. To decrease the Kapha that’s caused by diabetes, you’ll need to make sure that you observe a pacifying diet which excludes processed foods, excess sugar, simple carbohydrates, and full-fat dairy product. Alternatively, you can eat more fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs, which are bitter.
5. Another way to stabilize your blood glucose is by drinking hot turmeric water on an empty stomach in the morning.
6. Ginger lemon tea is another way to control glucose, and it may also help keep your glucose steady while reducing the excess Kapha on your system.
7. Other remedies for high blood sugar:
– Maintaining a healthy diet.
– Include fiber-rich foods.
– Drink water frequently,
– Manage your stress levels
– Get Proper sleep
– Manage optimum body weight
8. Prescription Ayurvedic medicine for treating diabetes
There are many recipes for personal medications for all kinds of diabetes.
– A decoction of Tagara, Haridra, Daru Haridra, and Vidanga mixed with honey is a good potion for a Kapha diabetic.
– A mixture of Triphala, Musta, Darunisa, and Visala with a paste of Haridar and honey is a recipe for all types of diabetes.
– Bhallatakasava and Dantaysava are also helpful in treating diabetes.
– Nisha Amalaki, a mix of Turmeric (Nisha) and Indian gooseberry (Amlaki), is the single most valuable prescription that’s a go-to for every diabetic.
9. Ayurvedic diet for blood sugar management
Diabetes can be managed by switching to a healthy diet. Listed below are recommended Ayurvedic nutritional supplements for diabetes.
10. Handle diabetes through exercise and yoga
Yoga exercises that concentrate on reducing central obesity and visceral fat would be most beneficial. There are lots of asanas explicitly made for this. Diabetic patients are advised to begin yoga under the guidance of a certified yoga practitioner.
Can diabetes be completely cured by Ayurveda?
Can Ayurveda control diabetes?
Ayurveda can help manage high blood sugar levels in diabetes. As the disease is an acquired lifestyle disorder, Ayurveda can activate the remission procedure through a healthy lifestyle, diet, yoga, and meditation workout program to reduce stress.
Ayurvedic herbs can help reduce blood sugar levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is a herb used to reduce glucose content in the blood. Moreover, chewing the herb helps ruin the feeling of sweetness in the mouth.
A Panchakarma detox removes toxins that hamper metabolism at micro and macro levels as the gut and cells are scrubbed from the Ama (toxins that hinder functions.) It enhances the gut microbiome and consequently increases metabolism. Since diabetes is a metabolic disease, treating the root cause by maximizing the speed of metabolism is best.
– Decoctions of fenugreek, Triphala, and Shilajit are commonly used. Churana powders used include Haldi powder (Turmeric powder), Amalaki Churna, and Naag Bhasma. Ayurvedic preparations ‘Chandraprabhavati’ and ‘Vasanta Kusumakar Ras’ are believed to lower sugar levels.
Can Ayurveda reverse diabetes?
Ayurveda can reverse diabetes. The mode and type of therapy depend on what stage of diabetes you’re in. If you’re a recently-diagnosed diabetic, it’s simpler for the reversal procedure to start. In a chronic diabetic, the related risk factors may have put in already, and the change may be a slower process.
– Prediabetes: If you’re recently diagnosed with diabetes, some lifestyle changes and exercise can reverse the illness. With the ideal combination of yoga, diet, stress management, and Ayurvedic herbs and remedies, you can successfully tackle insulin resistance and bring back normal circadian rhythms.
– In chronic diabetes with chronicity of over one year, a mixture of both Allopathy and Ayurveda drugs can bring the glucose levels in check. After that, the focus has to be on all medicines and getting on the road back to change through lifestyle changes, improved diet, yoga, stress management methods, and Ayurveda remedies.
In chronic diabetes over five years old, the related risks include renal failure, retina damage, and cardiovascular disease. The reversal of diabetes again involves yoga, diet, stress management, and Ayurveda medicines and therapies appropriate for this point. The focus is on preventing additional harm and enhancing the quality of life.
The ideal time to reverse and eliminate the medication is at the pre-diabetic stage. The sugar control reveals borderline diabetes, and other predisposing factors such as sedentary lifestyle, stress, and poor diet/lifestyle customs are confirmed. Early detection of diabetes may be utilized as a trigger to begin the procedure for lifestyle improvement. With appropriate lifestyle alterations and essential medications, you’ll have the ability to reverse the disease completely.