What are causes of obesity?
Lots of men and women tend to gain weight fast. Obesity and being overweight are the top problems among all age groups. Several things contribute to weight gain. The typical ones are
– Diet and lack of physical activity – Frequent consumption of unhealthy fatty foods and inadequate physical activities are the principal cause of obesity in children, teenagers, adults, and older. Additionally, overeating is a frequent cause of obesity. All around the world, people have been afflicted by obesity because of the sedentary lifestyle and consumption of junk food. Many folks consume less food that is fresh, fruits, vegetables, and other nutritious foods and tend to consume more fatty and fatty products that have led to this outbreak.
– Certain medications and ailments – Drugs like oral contraceptives are one of the triggering factors for rapid weight reduction. Medical conditions like hypothyroidism, diabetes, PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), etc., are significant contributors to obesity.
– Hormonal imbalances – Hormones are significant contributors to obesity. Women can gain more weight during pregnancy and menopause due to hormones resulting in drastic changes in the body.
– Genetics – Genes play a substantial role in causing obesity. If both the parents are overweight, the individual may also suffer from obesity.
– Emotional variables – Many men and women are inclined to eat more when they’re emotionally disturbed. Extra anxiety, anger, sadness, loneliness, boredom, and other powerful emotions induce people to eat fatty junk food to feel good about themselves.
Homeopathy alone isn’t the answer to treating obesity and not the substitute for exercise and diet. But, it will fortify the weight loss by addressing the underlying health problems that are hampering the progress. Many men and women opt for homeopathy because it’s the safest option without any side effects from the remedies.
Homeopathic medicines for obesity
Some of the common homeopathic remedies that help reduce weight are:
– Lycopodium: Lycopodium is one of the homeopathic remedies for losing weight. Lycopodium is prescribed to those who have a propensity to gain weight on hips and thighs. Additionally, these people always complain of gastrointestinal problems like flatulence, bloating in the abdomen, and constipation. They also have excess hunger and a terrific inclination to eat much beyond the capacity, causing bloating immediately after eating meals. Emotionally, they are incredibly irritated men and women who have a propensity to get angry over minor issues.
– Natrum Muriaticum: This treatment is also indicated in those who have a propensity to accumulate fat in the lower body parts like thighs and buttocks. This treatment is mainly indicated in ravenous hunger, craving for salt, and a trend towards headaches and migraines. These folks tend to gain weight after heartbreak or during the period of depression.
– Calcarea Carbonica: This treatment is mainly indicated for men and women who have a tendency of slow metabolism, look plump, and have excessive fat in the abdominal region. These people usually suffer from constipation because of sluggish metabolic activity. Furthermore, they tend to sweat a lot, especially over the mind, and are extremely sensitive to cold weather. Calc carb is also suggested in people who gain weight because of thyroid issues and pregnancy. This remedy can be indicated after an appropriate evaluation of an individual.
– Phytolacca: Phytolacca mainly functions by regulating the appetite routine and helping proper digestion of food. Additionally, it balances the hormones and metabolic processes of the human body.
– Fucus Vesiculosus: This is another exceptional remedy for weight reduction. This remedy is indicated when the weight gain or obesity is mostly because of hypothyroidism. It aids in weight loss by controlling the thyroid gland. As with any other remedies, Fucus also helps to keep up the digestion and gives relief from constipation and flatulence. This treatment is usually given in the shape of mother tincture that’s liquid form. 10 to 15 drops of treatment can be taken twice daily.
– Natrum Phosphoricum: Mainly acts in people suffering from an excess of acidity, causing sour eructations (belching) and a sour taste in the mouth. This treatment is a pH balancer from the body and functions as natural antacids. Natrum Phos 6X two pills twice per day before meals help to reduce not only the weight but also indigestion and a burning sensation in the stomach.
Is homeopathy effective for obesity?
Does homeopathy treatment for weight loss work?
Scientific and medical studies are extremely limited regarding the efficacy of homeopathic remedies for weight reduction.
– A 2014 research analyzed weight loss through supplements interventional and homeopathic remedies for 30 overweight or obese people. Researchers found that homeopathic remedies, together with nutritional intervention, may be more effective than merely dietary intervention alone. As the research was based on a small sample size, more research is needed to confirm its results. The study also found using homeopathic remedies made no difference in the body mass index (BMI) of those participants. It is unclear if the study analyzed the “placebo effect” of incorporating homeopathic remedies for participants.
– Another little study, conducted in 2016, analyzed the effect of homeopathic medications like pulsatilla nigricans and Calcarea carbonate and on overweight or obese pregnant women. Participants were hoping not to gain an excessive amount of weight during pregnancy. Researchers found that weight gain was roughly the same for both girls who tried the homeopathic remedies and those who had been given a placebo. They also found that the homeopathic remedies had potentially adverse side effects for a fetus during pregnancy.
Homeopathic treatments are usually not considered safe during pregnancy. Speak with a doctor first if you would like to use them.
Placebo effect: While there is little evidence that homeopathic medicine is effective for weight loss, its placebo effect on particular medical conditions has been studied. One clinical trial compared homeopathic remedies for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with a placebo. Researchers discovered participants reported reduced pain scores after three months of placebo therapy in contrast to active homeopathic treatment. Studies that specifically compare homeopathic treatments with placebos for weight loss are restricted. It’s essential to not forget that homeopathic remedies are not a medical treatment, and there is not any science to support their use for losing weight.
Precautions & side effects
Side effects of using homeopathic medication for weight loss
Homeopathic remedies are unregulated. That usually means the side effects of any remedy might be unknown. Some Possible side effects of homeopathic remedies may include:
– Interfering with current medications
– allergic reactions, such as rashes
– Some homeopathic supplements may contain toxic ingredients such as arsenic and aconite.
Make certain to pick homeopathic remedies from expert practitioners who you trust. If you experience adverse side effects, stop taking your homeopathic medicine, and see a physician.
The sure way to lose weight
The only scientifically proven way to lose weight is through diet and exercise. To shed weight safely, you will have to create a calorie deficit by eating less daily or by increasing your physical activity. Healthy women shouldn’t eat less than 1,200 calories every day. Healthy men should not consume less than 1,500 calories per day unless instructed by a physician.
– Target losing only 1 to 2 pounds weekly. Rapid weight loss can be dangerous for your health.
– If you need assistance developing a weight loss program, see a physician or a certified nutritionist. If you decide to supplement your weight loss program with homeopathy, run it past your physician first.
– If you’re trying to shed weight, work with your health care provider, or a dietitian. They can help you create a wellness program that includes diet and exercise that’s safe for your health. Homeopathic remedies may help in weight loss. There is currently no medical research or scientific studies that prove that homeopathic remedies are effective for weight loss.
If you wish to try homeopathic remedies, make sure to speak to your physician first. They will need to confirm that a treatment that you would like to try won’t impact any current medications you are taking or that can create possible side effects. There are many homeopathic remedies for weight reduction. However, the majority of them are prescribed depending on the individual state of temperament and disposition. If you’ve tried all other methods like exercise and diet, that have not worked, consult a certified homeopath for possible solutions.