Female patient, 20 years old, single, university student.Menarche at age 13, interruption of cycles 3 years later. Diagnosed with dysfunction of endocrine organs and metabolic syndrome. Prescribed injectable progesterone. The patient returned to menstruate, but suspended every time the medication was withdrawn.Diet rich in fast food since childhood (with a fondness for French fries, hamburger bread and milk shakes). Do not eat vegetables and fruits often. Drink: Soda (coca cola, fanta grape and beer).Obesity: (78 kg to 1.63).Hard abdomen edema and MMIIFeces softened with pieces of food. Gas retention (aerophagia).Favorite flavor: sweet and saltySleep: irregular time. It relates to studying at dawn. Wake up late (around 12:00), do not do breakfast. Have lunch on the street (fast food diner). Madrugada studies with snacks.Energy Diagnosis: Severe Deficiency of Spleen Yang with accumulation of mucus Kidney Yang Deficiency and Xue and Xue Deficiency of the Liver.
The patient was treated with auriculotherapy and acupuncture, without the use of hormonal medication (according to medical criteria). It was referred to a nutritionist for food adequacy. Suspension of soda and decreased intake of beer. Warm green tea with ginger after meals.
She completed 1 course of treatment (12 sessions). The girl returned to menstruate, in small quantity, without colic. After another 3 courses of treatment, she menstruated in normal amount, maintaining a cycle of 29 days with a duration of the menstruation by 4 days approximately. Reports improved disposition. Began regular physical activity (walking). Additional explanations: Acupuncture has a good effect on amenorrhea due to hormonal and metabolic dysfunction, but not so much for the cases derived from severe anemia, Renal (Jing) and Cardiac conditions, where the Phytotherapy associated with diet, acupuncture, and exercises have better results. For the selection of points in the first cycle: Ren Mai + Du Mai every 3 sessions. Combination of points: E29 with BP6; the VC3 with BP8; the VC2 with BP10 E36 bilateral moxa For the other 3 courses of treatment: Chong Mai + Ren Mai every 3 sessions Combination of points: the E29 with BP6, the VC3 with BP8, VC2 with BP10. B17, B23, B20, B18 and E36 bilateral One session is offered every 3 days, retaining the needle for 15 to 20 minutes
Auricular acupuncture may be used for a broad selection of indications, and it’s particularly helpful to alleviate pain, calm the mind, treat allergies and infectious diseases, regulate endocrine system disorders, and treat chronic illness and functional disorders. Additionally, it is used for withdrawal syndrome. Different indications are given below.
1. Functional disorders: Diseases like hysteria, irregular menstruation, irregular heartbeat, neurasthenia, sexual dysfunction, and irritable bowel syndrome. The therapy will have the effect of regulating the body’s functioning.
2. Infectious diseases: Diseases like pharyngitis, pneumonia, tonsillitis, ear disease, enteritis, pelvic inflammatory disease, bladder disease, Bell’s palsy, rheumatoid arthritis, cholelithiasis, enteritis, and pustulation. In this case, auricular acupuncture has the purpose of reducing swelling and pain.
3. Various debilitating ailments: Auricular therapy has a powerful function to prevent pain; frequently, the pain will be relieved when the needle is inserted. It can be used as a treatment for pain like the following:
A. Pain from nerve disorders: Trigeminal neuralgia, migraine, sciatic nerve pain, and herpes zoster.
B. Pain from tumors: Headache and abdominal pain due to tumor strain.
C. Pain from injury: Sprained tendons, broken bones, cuts, burns, and dislocations.
D. Pain after surgery: Including pain from incisions and scar tissue.
E. Pain from infections: Tonsillitis, appendicitis, cholelithiasis, and mastitis.
4. Allergic diseases: Diseases like asthma, allergies, allergic sinusitis, purpura, colitis, and rheumatoid fever. The therapy will have an anti-inflammatory effect and will stimulate the immune system to reduce the allergic reaction.
5. Endocrine system disorders: Diseases like hyperthyroidism, obesity, menopausal symptoms, infertility, menstrual disorders, and diabetes.
6. Epidemic diseases: Diseases like dysentery, flu, whooping cough, fever, and lung tuberculosis.
7. Chronic diseases: Diseases like low back pain, leg pain, frozen shoulder, indigestion, and numbness of the extremities. Ear acupuncture may improve these conditions and alleviate pain.
8.Wellness & prevention: Ear acupuncture may be used to prevent illness, for anesthesia, to shorten labor and reduce pain, such as inadequate lactation, smoking cessation, substance abuse detoxification, motion sickness, and weight control.