What is indigestion?
According to Ayurvedic philosophy, choices that you make regarding your everyday routine can help develop resistance to disease. Ayurveda invites us to receive a jump-start on the day by focusing on dawn rituals that work to align the body with nature’s rhythms, balance the doshas and boost self-esteem alongside self-discipline.
There are lots of health benefits of lemons which have been known for centuries. The two largest are lemons’ powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting forces and their use as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons contain beneficial nutrients like calcium, citric acid, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene, which promote immunity and fight disease. Sipping on a hot cup of honey & lemon water is universally soothing.
Lemons and honey have many health benefits in their own right, prompting a foregone conclusion that this mix is beneficial to health also.
Benefits of honey lemon water
What are the advantages of honey lemon water for health?
– Gut health
A morning routine of warm lemon honey water will assist in keeping your digestive system healthy. Drinking lemon water with honey increases stomach acid secretion production and bile secretion that in turn aids in the breakdown of food substances and easy absorption of nutrients. Undigested food may result in a feeling of bloating and flatulence from the gut. Drinking honey with lemon assists in gut movement, thus making excretion a smooth procedure.
– Immune health: The honey lemon drink is good for increasing immunity. It enables you to stay protected from frequent infections and ailments that the season change triggers. Drinking this mixture regularly will bring down one of the cold and influenza cases and other allergies. Honey has medicinal properties and is rich in antioxidants, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties; it helps prevent infections at bay and is also beneficial in recovery from disease.
– Detox: Advantages of honey and lemon also include keeping your body free of toxic and dangerous free radicals that cause constipation, acne/pimple, or several other issues. Today’s lifestyle has improved the odds of the body’s exposure to chemicals and fertilizers. Pollution, unhealthy eating habits, and other outside factors result in toxins accumulation from the skin, liver, and respiratory tract tissue. Drinking lemon & honey with warm water can help in the detoxification of the body. It makes for an effective liver tonic that enhances its function by neutralizing the body’s harmful free radicals.
– Skin health: Are they tired of trying every remedy under the sun to make your skin acne and pimple-free? Switch to drinking warm water with lemon and honey throughout the day and see the problem disappear over some time. Lemon has oil-controlling properties and helps in removing excess oil from the surface of the skin. The citric acid within it helps flush out free radicals and other toxic chemicals from the digestive tract. Although most people directly employ lemon onto the face, it may not be acceptable for all skin types. Therefore, drinking a mixture of Honey and lemon with hot water presents no such threat. Read more homemade beauty tips for skin in our blog.
Honey & lemon water in home remedies
– Energy levels: Honey has amazing bacteria-killing properties. The increase of energy that Honey may offer is still another terrific health benefit of using honey. When you add Honey to your diet, it may give you a wonderful energy boost and is significantly healthier than sugar or sugar substitutes that are available now.
– Weight loss: A glass of honey and lemon in hot water helps in enhancing metabolism and regularizing bowel movement that helps in the excretion of harmful toxins from the body. A lack of healthy bowel movement becomes the reason for being overweight among many people. Drinking this mixture on an empty stomach first thing in the morning will get your system from the fat-burning mode, thus making you feel fit, healthy, and mild through the day.
– Throat health: Contrary to popular belief, citrus foods help relieve you from the issue of a sore or irritated throat. Lemon helps in thinning of the mucus and so makes it much easier to throw this up. On the other hand, honey has peroxides that behave as a disinfectant on the virus-causing germs. Additionally, it aids in curbing the excessive creation of phlegm and mucus and dry the respiratory tract, thereby controlling cough cases.
Honey is a popular remedy for colds and coughs, especially in children. Not only is honey a tasty ingredient to add to teas and other beverages, but its use as a cough treatment in children is backed by science. It can be difficult to convince a kid to have a dose of unappealing cough medication, making honey a yummy alternative therapy. Several studies have demonstrated that giving sick kids honey can reduce coughing and enhance sleep quality. One study found that honey’s dose has been more powerful than cough medicine at curbing coughing and enhancing sleep in kids and adolescents with upper respiratory infections. Another study found that honey reduced both cough frequency and severity in young children with respiratory ailments.
– How do you make honey lemon water? Boil a cup of water until it reaches lukewarm temperatures
Squeeze half a lemon for its juice and a teaspoon of honey to it and stir. Sit back and enjoy the drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach
While the health benefits of honey with warm water and lemon are to an extent understood and practiced. Nevertheless, there are many questions that will need to be addressed to create this awesome health tonic, a widely accepted one.
How often can this be taken?
Ayurveda says the best time to have its early morning on an empty stomach. However, you can drink it between meals as doing so will assist in enhancing the digestive tract and digestion of food. You can have this in the summertime as well. Make the mix and store it in the refrigerator. Have it anytime you’re hungry or get a craving to have a sweet beverage. It’s not just a healthy and low-calorie alternative to aerated drinks but will also keep you hydrated and cool through the day.
– Two potent natural ingredients: Both lemons and Honey are popular foods typically used to flavor dishes and beverages.
– Honey is a thick, sweet liquid that’s made by honey bees and a few other similar insects, although the type created by honey bees is the most well known. It’s usually used as a natural replacement for processed sugar and has some therapeutic uses, like treating skin wounds and burns. Honey is one of the oldest foods in the world. It’s been used as both a food and medicine for centuries, even as far back as the stone age.
It’s frequently used as a natural substitute for processed sugar in cooking, baking, and beverages, and it also has medicinal uses. Honey has been associated with many science-backed health benefits. Still, it is important to know that most of these benefits are linked to the raw, unfiltered type. This is because high-quality, unfiltered honey has more valuable compounds and nutrients than processed, filtered honey.
– Lemons are citrus fruits primarily created for their sour juice. The pulp and rind can also be used. Most health benefits of the tangy fruit come from its high levels of vitamin C and other beneficial plant chemicals. It’s a common belief that combining both of these ingredients in a drink can assist with a lengthy list of common ailments, including digestive problems, acne, and weight gain. Honey and lemon are popular ingredients that have some health benefits.
Science & research on Lemons
Lemons are popular because of their sour juice and zesty rinds. Lemon juice is a wonderful source of vitamin C also contains small amounts of B vitamins and potassium. Lemons contain nutrients and beneficial compounds that might lower the risk of chronic ailments such as heart disease, esophageal cancer, and diabetes. Lemons can also help prevent kidney stones. Lemons also contain valuable plant compounds such as citric acid and flavonoids correlated with subsequent health benefits.
– Heart Disease: Lemons pack a large quantity of vitamin C and plant chemicals in lemons may reduce specific heart disease risk factors. Lemon juice may help reduce high cholesterol levels thanks to a plant chemical found in lemons called limonin. Studies show it was demonstrated to reduce triglycerides and “bad” LDL cholesterol in animal research. One study in over 10,000 people associated a higher intake of citrus fruits with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
– Fight free radicals: An excess of free radicals in the body can damage cells and contribute to diseases like cancer and cardiovascular disease. Lemons are high in the antioxidant vitamin C and other chemicals that might decrease oxidative stress caused by free radicals. A diet high in vitamin C can lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and certain types of cancer such as esophageal cancer. These fruits also contain powerful plant chemicals called flavonoids. Eating foods rich in flavonoids can reduce cardiovascular disease and diabetes and prevent cognitive decline.
– Kidney Stones: Kidney stones are hard lumps that form in one or both kidneys when elevated levels of certain minerals accumulate in the urine. Several studies have shown that drinking lemon juice and lemonade can prevent kidney stones, even though more study is required. Citric acid does so by binding to calcium oxalate crystals and inhibiting crystal growth. Lemons have the maximum amount of the natural kidney stone inhibitor of any citrus fruit.
– Weight loss: Drinking more water, such as honey lemon water, may help you eliminate weight. Several studies have shown that increasing your water intake can boost your metabolism and make you feel fuller, each of which can help you lose weight. Drinking lemon water, with little or no honey, can help fill you up before meals, resulting in decreased overall calorie consumption.