How This Helps
This whole grain breakfast bread uses sugar-free applesauce and honey as natural sweeteners. Coconut oil and walnuts add healthy fats to keep weight watchers satisfied until the next meal.
Coconut Oil: :
Sugar-free applesauce: :
Egg Whites: :
Baking Powder: :
Baking Soda: :
Whole wheat pastry flour: :
Walnut pieces: :
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and generously spray two loaf pans with cooking spray.
• Melt coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds on high in a large glass bowl.
• Add applesauce, and stir well.
• Add eggs and honey stirring to combine.
• Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour and combine well.
• Pour the mixture into loaf pans and top with each pan with walnuts, lightly pressing them into the batter.
• Bake for 50 – 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Size of serving: 1 slice: Calories 211 KCal; Total Fat 8.03 g; Total Cholesterol 23 mg; Sodium 235 mg, Total Carbohydrate 31.48 g; Dietary Fiber; 3.53 g; Sugars 13.34 g; Protein 5.47 g
Science and Research
Apples contain pectin which assists the body to feel full, and while honey has 22 calories compared to the 16 calories in table sugar, it contains small amounts of vitamins and minerals that can aid in digestion.
Columbia University – Honey Versus Table Sugar <http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/honey-vs-sugar-–-which-healthier></h