How This Helps
This soup recipe is a routine at home because its my hubby’s favorite soup. Usually tomatoes aren’t added to the soup but sometimes I add some tomato puree to provide a different taste to the soup. I’ve made a low-carb version here with only milk and corn starch instead of heavy cream that’s usually utilized in these sorts of soups. It’s a really simple prep and may be done in a jiffy when you’re searching for something light and filling.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
1. Button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced, 1 cup.
2. Diced onions, 1/2 cup.
3. Tomato puree, 1/4 cup. This can be substituted with 1 diced tomato. (Optional)
4. Celery, thinly sliced, 1/2 cup.
5. Milk, whole or low fat, 1/2 cup.
6. Corn starch, 1/2 tablespoon, mixed with 1/4 cup of water.
7. Garlic, 2 cloves, crushed.
8. Any preferred seasoning mix, 1/2 teaspoon.
9. Salt, as per taste.
Heat a pan with a tablespoon of oil. Add the diced onions and garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes until the onions are translucent. Then add the sliced mushrooms along with the seasoning, celery, and salt and sauté for one more minute. Add the corn starch mixture along with 2 cups of water, milk, and tomato puree. Cook under low-to-medium flame for 10 minutes until the soup reaches the desired consistency. Serve hot with bread or croutons.