What is a DIY Peel-off Face Mask & Benefits?
What is a DIY Peel-off Face Mask?
Every year we see the arrival of some new skincare trend that becomes the hot favorite amongst women almost overnight. While skincare trends may come and go, but the use of face masks has remained constant throughout the ages. Whether you are dealing with acne breakouts or your skin has lost its glow, DIY peel-off face masks have remained a favorite go-to skincare resource amongst women for solving the worst of skincare struggles.
Here is a collection of excellent homemade DIY peel-off face mask options that you can use for ensuring healthy and clear skin. A DIY peel-off face mask is a type of facial mask that works by gently ‘peeling off’ or removing the outermost layer of your skin. This relieves the dullness and also gets rid of the dead skin from the topmost layer of your skin. 
See: Natural Home Remedies For Eczema
What are its Benefits?
Using a peel-off face mask has many benefits. Aside from boosting your skin’s radiance and firmness, peel off masks remove blackheads and dead skin cells from the skin, boosting the blood circulation to the area. Some of the other benefits of using DIY peel-off face masks include:
● DIY peel-off face masks help trap and remove dirt and grime, providing a thorough cleanse to the skin’s outermost surface.
● They help make your skin smooth and glowing by removing the top layer of dead skin cells. 
● They visibly decrease the size of any open pores.
● They help boost your complexion.
● If you use peel-off masks regularly, you will notice a significant reduction in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The reduction of wrinkles is particularly true if you are using a DIY peel-off face mask with vitamin C, E, or extracts of other antioxidant substances which have anti-inflammatory properties.  
● Peel-off masks help absorb any excess oil from the skin, giving you a natural matte complexion.
● Usually, DIY peel-off masks are either plant-based or fruit extract-based. This gives your skin a healthy boost of antioxidants, which helps fix many significant skin challenges, including acne, pigmentation, dark spots, and uneven complexion.  
● These facial masks help in gently uprooting fine facial hair from the skin, removing dullness from your complexion, and giving your skin a youthful glow. 
Best DIY Peel Off Face Masks for Healthier Skin
Best DIY Peel Off Face Masks for Healthier Skin
Here are some easy-to-make DIY peel-off face masks you can make at home with everyday items that are readily available.
1. Pineapple and Honey DIY Peel-off Face Mask
Here are the ingredients you need for making this DIY peel-off face mask:
● One tablespoon Honey
● 1/4th cup of pineapple juice
● Two tablespoons of gelatin powder
Here’s how to make the mask:
1. Mix the honey and pineapple juice properly.
2. Gently heat the prepared mixture on a low flame and add the gelatin powder to this. Stir well until the gelatin powder dissolves.
3. Take the mixture off the flame and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
4. Take a makeup brush and apply the mixture on your face.
5. Allow it to sit for a 5 to 10 minute period.
6. Now apply another layer with the brush and let the entire mask dry off completely.
7. Once the mask is completely dry, peel it off gently and rinse your face with cold water.
Pineapple helps moisturize your skin from within and also helps in the removal of dead skin cells. Honey, on the other hand, is a powerful antioxidant that gives your skin a natural glow and is useful in removing wrinkles and fine lines. Again, gelatin has many positive results for improving the appearance of your skin and hair.   
See: Psoriasis Treatment In Ayurveda
2. Orange and Gelatin DIY Peel off face mask
Ingredients for the mask:
● Four tablespoons of orange juice
● Two tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
1. Put the gelatin and orange juice together in a heat-resistant bowl.
2. Heat the mixture and allow the gelatin to dissolve.
3. Once the gelatin has dissolved, take it off the flame and allow it to cool down a bit.
4. Apply the warm mixture on your face using a makeup brush.
5. Let it dry for 5 minutes and then apply two more coats of the mixture to thicken it.
6. Let the mask dry off before peeling it off.
7. Wash your face thoroughly with cold water to remove any of the mixture left on your face.
This orange and gelatin mask is great if you want an instant glow. Orange keeps your skin looking young and healthy, while gelatin enhances the growth of healthy skin cells. This mask is also great for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. 
See: Natural Home Remedies For Skin Disorders
3. Cucumber and Lemon Peel-off Face Mask
● Two tablespoon lemon juice
● Some cucumber slices
● Two tablespoon gelatin powder
1. Thoroughly blend some peeled cucumber slices and lemon juice.
2. Heat the mixture on a low flame.
3. Add gelatin powder to this blend for thickening it. Mix well.
4. Once the gelatin has dissolved and the mixture has come together, take it off the flame.
5. Let it cool a little bit before using a brush to apply it on your face.
6. Apply a second layer if you feel the need.
7. Once the mask has dried off, gently peel it off and rinse your face with cold water.
Cucumber helps you get healthy skin and is high in many vitamins and minerals. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that helps reduce damage to your skin and helps prevent premature aging. Due to its high pH levels, lemon juice also helps reduce oil on the skin and also reduces inflammation, helping those with acne-prone skin.  
The benefits of using a DIY peel-off face mask are many. Aside from making your skin glow from within and boosting your skin radiance, these masks are an excellent way of cleansing your skin and removing dead skin cells, blackheads, whiteheads, and impurities without causing any damage to the skin. They are also known to boost blood circulation to the topmost layer of your skin. While there are many readymade peel-off masks available today, it is always better to make a face mask at home with natural ingredients. With all the benefits peel off masks provide, making a homemade peel-off mask is an excellent choice for deep cleansing your pores and making your skin radiant and bright.