Natural therapies for cancer care & side effects
While research is ongoing, researchers agree that evidence-based integrative medicine approaches, together with basic treatments, might assist in relieving many signs connected with cancer and its treatment. If you’re experiencing adverse effects from standard cancer treatments, some treatments may supply relief.
- Nausea and vomiting: Acupuncture, aromatherapy, hypnosis, music treatment
- Pain: Acupuncture, aromatherapy, hypnosis, massage, music treatment
- Sleep problems: Cognitive behavioral therapy, workout, relaxation techniques, yoga
- Fatigue: Exercise, massage, relaxation strategies, yoga
- Stress: Aromatherapy, exercise, hypnosis, massage, meditation, music therapy, tai chi, yoga
- Anxiety: Hypnosis, massage, meditation, music treatment, relaxation techniques
Frequently asked questions
Many natural therapies can help alleviate side effects of traditional cancer treatments:
- Acupuncture. Studies reveal acupuncture may be helpful in relieving queasiness caused by chemotherapy. Acupuncture may likewise assist in easing certain kinds of pain in people with cancer.
- Acupressure is a related method in which moderate pressure is applied to particular locations to help alleviate nausea.
- Aromatherapy. Aromatherapy utilizes fragrant oils to provide a calming sensation. Aromatherapy might be useful in eliminating queasiness, pain, and stress. Oils, instilled with fragrances, can be applied to your skin throughout a massage, or the oils can be contributed to bath water. Aromatherapy is safe, but some oils applied to your skin can trigger allergic reactions.
- Cognitive behavior modification. CBT is a common kind of talk therapy. A mental health therapist, such as a psychotherapist or a therapist, deals with you to see difficult scenarios more clearly and respond in a more reliable way.
- Exercise. Gentle exercise might help alleviate fatigue and stress and help you sleep better.
- Hypnosis. Hypnosis is a deep state of concentration. A therapist may hypnotize you by helping you relax and then assist you in focusing on managing your pain and reducing your stress.
- Massage. During a massage, your specialist kneads your skin, muscles, and tendons in an effort to ease muscle tension and stress and promote relaxation. Several massage methods exist.
- Meditation. Meditation is a state of deep concentration. When meditating, you may also do deep breathing or relaxation exercises. Meditation may assist individuals with cancer by easing stress and anxiety and stress and improving mood.
- Music therapy. Throughout music treatment sessions, you may listen to music, sing songs or write lyrics. Music therapy may help ease discomfort, control queasiness and vomiting, and deal with anxiety and stress.
- Relaxation techniques. Relaxation techniques help calm your mind and relax your muscles. Relaxation techniques may include activities such as visualization exercises or progressive muscle relaxation.
- Tai chi. Tai chi is an exercise form that integrates gentle movements and deep breathing. Practicing tai chi might assist in relieving stress.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda can provide an extensive understanding of herbs and treatment methods. During chemotherapy and/ or radiotherapy, Ayurveda can help to lower the side effects of the treatment as well as help the body in its recovery process.
- Yoga. Yoga integrates stretching workouts with deep breathing. During a yoga session, you place your body in different positions that require flexing, twisting, and stretching. Yoga might offer some stress relief for individuals with cancer.
Cancer treatments might have lots of side effects. A negative effect occurs when treatment damages healthy cells. Side effects can be different for each person and for various medicines and types of treatment.
Some of the common side effects of cancer treatment include:
- Weight change
- Skin and nail problems.
- Dietary issues
- Loss of hair.
- Throwing up.
- Cognitive Issues
- Cancer Pain
- Blood Clots
The Latest In Cancer Care
- Cancer Care