Lower Blood Sugar with Homeopathy
How This Helps
Phosphoricum Acidum is a Homeopathic medicine prepared by diluting and potentizing molecules of phosphoric acid. Marked symptoms covered by this remedy are dryness of mouth, frequent urination, debility or weakness of body parts, sugar in urine4.
An increase in the level of glucose in blood is termed as Diabetes. In Type 1 diabetes, there is insulin deficiency because of destruction of the beta cells of Islets of Langerhans in the pancreas. This insufficiency in insulin affects the absorption of glucose into cells which is the energy supplier of the cells and adversely affects their functions1. The initial signs and symptoms include muscle wasting, fatigue, weakness, loss of weight, correlated to the lack of energy supply to the cells, increased urination, increase in thirst and appetite, etc2. In severe cases blood vessels of vital organs like eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart etc. too are affected 3.
Homeopathic Medicine to Lower Blood Sugar:
Since Homeopathy is a holistic science, it considers the individual symptoms experienced by the patient to restore the blood glucose levels to normal. Homeopathic medicine helps to maintain the blood glucose levels and tries to restrict the complications caused in Type 1 diabetes. One of the medicine Phosphoricum Acidum has played an important role in managing the symptoms associated with Type 1 Diabetes.
It is seen that if the constitution of the patient matches the personality of Phosphoricum Acidum, then it serves as an energy booster and the lethargy and debility of the patient are slowly reversed.
Phosphoricum Acidum 30C. 4pills 3 times a day for 3 months.
Note: For patient specific treatments and dosage, always consult with a homeopathic doctor before beginning treatment.
1. van Belle TL, Coppieters KT, von Herrath MG. Type 1 diabetes: etiology, immunology, and therapeutic strategies. Physiol Rev. 2011 Jan;91(1):79-118. doi: 10.1152/physrev.00003.2010.
2. Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Provisional report of a WHO Consultation K.G.M.M. Alberti1,* and P.Z. Zimmet2 Article first published online: 19 JUL 2004 DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1096-9136(199807)15:7<539::AID-DIA668>3.0.CO;2-S
3. Intensive insulin therapy reduced microvascular and neurologic outcomes in type 1diabetes mellitus ACP J Club. 1994 Mar-April;120:30. doi:10.7326/ACPJC-1994-120-2-030
4. HOMŒOPATHIC MATERIA MEDICA by William BOERICKE, M.D.
5. A case of Diabetes Mellitus in a 55 year old man by Phosphoric Acid by S.K Baerjea in Hpathy Ezine August 2011