Lower Blood Sugar with Homeopathy
How This Helps
Phosphoricum Acidum is a Homeopathic medicine prepared by diluting and potentizing molecules of phosphoric acid. Marked symptoms covered by this remedy are dryness of mouth, frequent urination, debility or weakness of body parts, sugar in urine4.
Science and Research
An increase in the level of glucose in the blood is termed as Diabetes. In Type 1 diabetes, there is insulin deficiency because of the destruction of the beta cells of Islets of Langerhans in the pancreas. This insufficiency in insulin affects the absorption of glucose into cells which is the energy supplier of the cells and adversely affects their functions1. The initial signs and symptoms include muscle wasting, fatigue, weakness, loss of weight, correlated to the lack of energy supply to the cells, increased urination, increase in thirst and appetite, etc2. In severe cases blood vessels of vital organs like eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart are affected 3.
Types of Diabetes
There are two types of Diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes is also known as juvenile diabetes or adult-onset diabetes, wherein the body can not make sufficient insulin. Insulin helps your body turn the sugar in the food you eat into a source of energy. Type 1 occurs more often in children and young adults but accounts for less than 10percent of the entire diabetes cases.
- Type- 2 diabetes is the most prevalent form of Diabetes and results when insulin production is faulty, and tissue resistance to insulin grows. Most with Type-2 Diabetes do not need daily insulin supplementation. Moderate changes in exercise and diet can do wonders for Diabetics.
- Prediabetes is a condition coined to define a stage where the blood glucose is high, but not high enough to be deemed as type 2 diabetes. Without suitable interventions, it is very likely to become type 2 diabetes within ten years. Lots of people with prediabetes don't have any symptoms. Progression from a prediabetes stage to a type 2 diabetes stage is not inevitable. With lifestyle changes, weight reduction, and medications, it is possible to bring a blood glucose level back to normal.
- Gestational diabetes is a type of high blood glucose affecting pregnant women. Individuals who develop gestational diabetes are at greater risk of developing type 2 diabetes later in life. Typically, there are no signs. A blood sugar test while pregnant is used for identification. Treatment plans include daily blood glucose monitoring, a wholesome diet, exercise, and monitoring the baby. If blood glucose is too high, medication is required.
Homeopathic Medicine to Lower Blood Sugar
Different types of medicine can help treat Diabetes. Homeopathy can be useful in early diagnosed cases through the required corrections. Many Homeopaths also use Yoga and Naturopathy together with traditional homeopathic remedies. If the blood glucose is quite high, the priority is to control the elevated blood glucose to save him from life-threatening complications. There are homeopathic remedies, known as organopathic remedies, which could lower the sugar. The commonly used ones are Uranium Nitricum, Phosphoric Acid, Syzygium Jambolanum, Gymnema Sylvestre, and Cephalandra Indica. These are used in physiologically active doses like Mother tincture or 3x, depending upon the amount of blood glucose and the need for the individual.
Another strategy is to understand the exceptional profile of the patient using pathophysiological profiling through a detailed case taking and then pick a constitutional remedy. The personalization process results in a remedy that suits the particular condition (Similia principle).
A biochemical medication is also widely used by several in the management of elevated blood glucose. Natrum Phos 3x is just one such remedy employed by Homeopaths in enhancing the digestive ailments and thereby hoping to decrease blood sugar. Many Homeopaths utilize Bio combination No seven combined with other medicines. Fenugreek or Methi seeds, Pterocarpus (Vijaysar), Gymnema (Gurmar), Bitter Gourd (Karela), Guduchi (Amrit) are a few of the herbal products used in controlling blood glucose with some success.
Each approach has its scope and constraints. The doctor must make a decision about which approach to undertake a specific patient. The right path depends on his overall health, the advancement of the disease, complications, the organs affected, other systemic conditions, age, length of illness, and other factors.
Phosphoricum Acidum for Diabetes
Since Homeopathy is a holistic science, it considers the individual symptoms experienced by the patient to restore the blood glucose levels to normal. Homeopathic medicine helps to maintain the blood glucose levels and tries to restrict the complications caused in Type 1 diabetes. One of the medicine Phosphoricum Acidum has played an important role in managing the symptoms associated with Type 1 Diabetes.
It is seen that if the constitution of the patient matches the personality of Phosphoricum Acidum, then it serves as an energy booster and the lethargy and debility of the patient are slowly reversed.
Phosphoricum Acidum 30C. 4pills 3 times a day for 3 months.
Note: For patient-specific treatments and dosage, always consult with a homeopathic doctor before beginning treatment.
A preventive approach to Diabetes
In preventive and promotive care, each individual needs to take both private, dietetic, and homeopathic services to decrease the complications and to preserve the quality of life. Lifestyle modifications can prevent type 2 diabetes.
Eat small meals every 2-3 hours frequently rather than consuming large meals. Eliminate fried foods in your diet. Reduce the use of alcohol and fatty foods in your diet. Eat fiber-rich foods such as whole grains, and lower your consumption of oil.
Lifestyle modifications include routine exercise for at least half an hour every day. Take short breaks to move around. Practice yoga at home in the event it's impossible to go outside and indulge in household chores to keep yourself fit and active.
1. van Belle TL, Coppieters KT, von Herrath MG. Type 1 diabetes: etiology, immunology, and therapeutic strategies. Physiol Rev. 2011 Jan;91(1):79-118. doi: 10.1152/physrev.00003.2010.
2. Definition, diagnosis, and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Provisional report of a WHO Consultation K.G.M.M. Alberti1,* and P.Z. Zimmet2 Article first published online: 19 JUL 2004 DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1096-9136(199807)15:7<539::AID-DIA668>3.0.CO;2-S
3. Intensive insulin therapy reduced microvascular and neurologic outcomes in type 1 diabetes Mellitus ACP J Club. 1994 Mar-April;120:30. doi:10.7326/ACPJC-1994-120-2-030
4. HOMEOPATHIC MATERIA MEDICA by William BOERICKE, M.D.
5. A case of Diabetes Mellitus in a 55-year-old man by Phosphoric Acid by S.K Baerjea in Hpathy Ezine August 2011