Easy 3 Day Detox Plan and Regimen
How This Helps
Many individuals may ask why engage in a detox regimen and the answer is simple. It is necessary! From Biblical times to present day, there have been many groups and cultures engaged in detox regiments that help to cleanse the body, strengthen liver and kidney functions and give body organs the opportunity to rest and recuperate from increased daily activity. Though the concept of detox may be controversial in the medical community, it is suggested that a proper detox plan may help to address fatigue, skin problems, allergies, headaches, other aches and pains, gas, bloating, constipation and more. Furthermore, detox begins in the intestinal tract where undigested products remain, which may cause body system function to decrease, malfunction or cease. Additionally, a daily diet that does not support optimal health and body system function may lead to nutrient deficiencies and buildup of substances which inhibit body system function.
Though the liver and kidneys are constantly working to cleanse the body of unwanted by-products from food breakdown, they may become overworked and overloaded. A proper detox regiment may give the liver and kidneys the boost they need to function optimally. The goal of a proper detox plan is not to restrict nutrient intake (as with fasting), but to give the body what it needs and enhance its cleansing ability while using minimal energy to support rest and recuperation.
Science and Research
Below is simple single regimen used as a short-term detox and can be repeated for a maximum of 3 days. This regimen should be used when daily activities are low and there is no engagement in strenuous activities. This is to support rest and recuperation of body organs while providing the body with minimal caloric intake for minimal daily activities. It is strongly encouraged to not surpass 3 days!
1. In the morning, prepare a warm herbal detox tea blend sweetened with 1 teaspoon of organic honey. The Yogi detox health cleansing formula is great but other organic herbal detox tea blends may be used. Herbs included in the tea blend are: ginger root, cinammon bark, dandelion root, licorice root, burdock root, Chinese skullcap and other cleansing herbs as indicated on each tea brand.
2. Consume 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey in 16 ounces of distilled water throughout the day. It is important to note that this mixture must be consumed consistently throughout the day in multiple quantities to meet each person's fluid intake needs.
3. In the early evening, prepare another warm herbal detox tea blend sweetened with 1 teaspoon of organic honey.
4. Prepare a herbal detox bath or body wrap using the following herbs: ginger root, rosemary leaves, allspice, eucalyptus and clove bud oil. Herbs are to be combined in a strainer/infuser and placed in significantly warm water. Relax in warm bath preparation for up to 30 minutes. If doing a body wrap, relax in soaked large bath towel in lounge chair for 30 to 45 minutes. Rinse in shower thereafter and moisturize skin.
5. Before going to bed, have another warm herbal detox tea blend. Sweeten with1 teaspoon of organic honey.
**A note about honey.......
Honey has been known to have various health benefits. Honey has natural anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties. Honey contains sugars (glucose and fructose), protein, minerals and vitamins. Though honey offers a few health benefits, it is best to consume no more than 10 tablespoons each day. If an individual is confirmed as being prediabetic, diabetic, hypertensive or has high cholesterol, it is important to consult with one's licensed physician before cosuming any amount of honey.
After following through with the regiment above it is very important that a lifestyle involving the consumption of wholesome, non-processed foods rich in fiber, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, exercising along with minimizing exposure to environmental stressors is considered to further support optimal health and function of each body system.
The information below is not medical advice for diagnosing, treating or curing any specific disease, illness or syndrome. Before engaging in any detox regiment, it is important to consult with a physician or one's preferred licensed health care provider. The information below is intended for educational purposes only and is used at the sole discretion of each individual (reader)!