Foods & Herbs For Kidneys Blood Cleanser & Purifier
How This Helps
The blood is responsible for many vital functions in our body. One of the main functions of our blood is to transport oxygen, hormones, sugar, fats, clotting factors, and even the cells of our immune system throughout the body. It is the essential source of supply for all things required by the various organs, tissues, and cells of our body. Blood also has a role to play in the regulation of glucose and other compounds in the body.1 This is why it is critical to keep the blood clean and free of waste and toxins.
According to the principles of Ayurveda, the internal cleansing of your blood is necessary now and then. The science of Ayurveda firmly promotes the cleansing of blood as a healthy measure to keep it free of toxins and also for boosting your immunity, improving your heart health, and for preventing diseases.2 Purification of blood reduces the blood cholesterol levels, while also decreasing the risk of many types of cancer. Blood cleansing helps decrease inflammation within the body, thus promoting relief from many chronic health conditions.
Blood cleansing benefits
Benefits of Blood Cleansing
Many blood cleansing herbs help in the purification of blood. These various types of blood purifier herbs help in the detoxification of the blood and support healthy blood flow throughout the body. Some of the other benefits of these blood cleansers include:
● Removing excess heat from the body
● Support the natural detoxification of the blood
● Promoting the proper functioning of the liver3
● Ensuring adequate circulation of blood to the liver
● Promoting healthy skin by undertaking s deep systemic cleansing of the blood
● Removing improperly digested food, cellular waste, and other waste materials from the blood
● Boosts and supports the skin's natural healing process
Protecting your liver
Because your liver is this important organ in cleansing your bloodstream, you should take action to protect it. Many regular wholesome habits can help keep your liver fit. These are some ideas one can follow:
● Get your vaccinations against hepatitis A and B. These conditions are viral infections that can damage your liver.
Keep a healthy weight. Being overweight can lead to a condition called nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Eating a healthy diet and exercising can help you keep a healthy weight.
● Refrain from excess drinking. Your liver filters and detoxifies alcohol at the top of several other products. When there's too much alcohol in your bloodstream, the surplus can scar and ruin liver cells.
Blood Cleansing Herbs
Ayurvedic Blood Cleansing Herbs
Here are some of the most effective blood cleansing herbs in Ayurveda.
The many benefits of Neem are well known, and it is a commonly used herb in many Ayurvedic medicines and practices. This powerful cooling and bitter herb has strong detoxifying properties for the purification and cleansing of the blood. It is known to help remove toxins from the blood that are responsible for causing many inflammatory skin diseases.4
Neem is known to have potent antibacterial, antiviral, anti-infectious, and anti-parasitic properties. Ayurvedic doctors often prescribe medicines made from Neem for the treatment of skin diseases such as eczema and ringworm infection. At the same time, being an anti-inflammatory, Neem helps treat muscle and joint pain as well.5
Neem is also known for its typical bitter taste, which is associated with cleansing the liver as it helps regulate the production of acid and bile in the body. Neem also regulates sugar metabolism, thus reducing fat and aiding in weight management.
Neem is a general blood purifier that helps get rid of toxins and waste material from the body.
The herb manjistha has been used for years to commercially produce red color derived from the plant's stems and roots.
Manjistha has many health benefits and is a potent blood cleanser. This blood purifier herb is primarily associated with blood purification and also helps enhance the functioning of the lymphatic system.6 At the same time, manjistha helps improve skin conditions and is excellent for skin brightening. Many doctors prescribe this herb for treating acne.7
This blood purifier is available in the market in many forms, including tablets, oil, or in a decoction.
The many health benefits of amla are well known. Also known as the Indian gooseberry, amla is a powerhouse of advantages. Amla in any form is a rich source of calcium, iron, and vitamin C.8
Amla juice and amla powder function as a blood purifier as it helps flush out toxins from the body. Amla also improves the overall quality of blood and also boosts blood circulation. Regular intake of amla in any form is known to increase the levels of hemoglobin and even the number of red blood cells in the body.9
Amla, when taken with honey every day, can also help relieve the symptoms of bronchitis and asthma. At the same time, the powerful antioxidant properties of amla help the body detoxify and get rid of any unwanted waste products from the blood, thus making your blood healthier.
Being rich in vitamin C, amla also helps improve the functioning of your immune system.10
Guduchi is another blood cleanser herb that has many health advantages. It helps eliminate the toxins that have accumulated in the blood due to excess consumption of alcohol and smoking. Guduchi also helps strengthen the urinary system while controlling uric acid levels in the blood. This process further boosts the elimination of wastes and toxins from the blood.11
The heart-shaped leaves of the Guduchi plant are known to contain many beneficial nutrients in making tea. Apart from its potent detoxifying properties, Guduchi also helps in respiratory diseases. It improves your immunity and heals the liver, thus enhancing the natural detoxification of the body.
Guduchi is especially helpful in the treatment of jaundice, skin conditions, anemia, gout, and other diseases caused due to inflammation in the body.
Blood cleansing foods
Foods in your diet to purify the blood
Here are foods that may help with the stimulate the blood purification process:
Water is among the most common and easiest natural blood purifiers. Kidneys flush out toxins in the blood through urine, and water is the best bet to help stimulate this procedure. Water expels all of the harmful chemicals and toxins within your body and helps the organs operate well.
Warm water encourages the breakdown of fat and also tends to alleviate the load on your kidneys. At the same time, the minerals and vitamins from the lemons help detox your blood and general body system.
Broccoli is among the finest natural blood purifiers, which will help eliminate toxins from the body. This veggie comes packed with calcium, vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, and glucosinolates. Regular use of broccoli ensures loading up on antioxidants, which help detoxify the blood and help the immunity system.
Beetroot is a great natural source of nitrates and antioxidant betalains, which may decrease inflammation and oxidative damage in the liver. Most studies have demonstrated that beetroot juice helps increase the production of enzymes that naturally detoxify the body.
5. Fresh Fruits
Fruits like pears, apples, plums, and guavas have pectin fiber that's helpful in cleansing blood. They bind with excess fats in your blood and with heavy metals and other dangerous chemicals or waste and eliminate them efficiently. Additionally, the lycopene glutathione found in tomatoes helps eliminate waste and chemicals.
6. Green Leafy Vegetables
Green leafy veggies contain essential nutrients and antioxidants that keep infections at bay. Pick from kale, lettuce, spinach, and mustard greens to ensure healthy blood circulation. These greens help to raise enzymes in the liver that helps boost the blood detoxification procedure.
Jaggery is an unrefined sugar with fiber and high iron content> It is regarded as a natural blood purifier that helps cleanse the digestive tract, prevents constipation, and expels waste in the body. The iron helps restore hemoglobin levels and retains healthy blood flowing within the body.
Turmeric is one of the most useful natural healers around that helps fight inflammation. It helps promote liver function. Research shows that its curcumin compound fights off the majority of problems within our body.
Detox diets detox teas
Detox programs to clean your blood
From diet detoxes to cleanses to blood detoxes, there are lots of distinct programs and techniques that promise to assist you in cleansing and to detoxify your body. Ideally, when you perform these detoxes, you will feel more energetic. However, lots of the claims do not have plenty of research behind them and overlook the role that your liver plays in cleaning your bloodstream. Many products on the market promote themselves as detox health packages.
The notion of detox diets has existed for decades. They often include a restrictive diet to cleanse your blood and generally encourage weight loss. Some detox diets can encourage healthier eating. Others can be quite restrictive, such as juice cleanses or alternative diets that revolve around hardly any foods and drinks that will help you obtain energy. Because your body can mainly flush toxins out by itself, a restrictive diet program isn't essential. A healthy eating plan, such as one which includes loads of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains, can help.
Many health food stores and pharmacies sell detox teas made from many different herbs. Based on Cleveland Clinic, these teas probably don't have any greater detox properties compared to a cup of green or black tea.
Everyone should follow a blood cleansing regimen. It is best to follow a routine for at least two weeks to achieve the best results from blood cleansing. Not only does blood cleanse help boost your immunity, but it also gets rid of any built-up toxins present in the bloodstream. A blood cleansing regime with these helpful Ayurvedic herbs, food, and detox programs will also improve your heart health and prevent many chronic lifestyle diseases. These herbs not only extract the toxins from the blood but also regulate and maintain the functioning of essential organs such as the kidney and liver. Following blood cleanse will improve your health and overall well-being, and also enhance the overall quality of your life since purified blood will also reduce the likelihood of falling sick.
1. Baron, A.D., and Clark, M.G., 1997. Role of blood flow in the regulation of muscle glucose uptake. Annual review of nutrition, 17(1), pp.487-499.
2. Chen, L., Deng, H., Cui, H., Fang, J., Zuo, Z., Deng, J., Li, Y., Wang, X. and Zhao, L., 2018. Inflammatory responses and inflammation-associated diseases in organs. Oncotarget, 9(6), p.7204.
3. Grant, D.M., 1991. Detoxification pathways in the liver. In Journal of inherited metabolic disease (pp. 421-430). Springer, Dordrecht.
4. Subapriya, R., and Nagini, S., 2005. Medicinal properties of neem leaves: a review. Current Medicinal Chemistry-Anti-Cancer Agents, 5(2), pp.149-156.
5. Schumacher, M., Cerella, C., Reuter, S., Dicato, M., and Diederich, M., 2011. Anti-inflammatory, pro-apoptotic, & anti-proliferative effects of methanolic neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf extract are mediated via modulation of the nuclear factor-κB pathway. Genes & Nutrition, 6(2), pp.149-160.
6. Jaheda, S., Lavanya, P. and Nagaraja, J., Ways to Enhance Lymphatic Dynamics and Their Benefits.
7. Meena, V., 2015. Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia)-A helping herb in cure of acne. Journal of Ayurveda and Holistic Medicine (JAHM), 3(2), pp.11-17.
8. Mirunalini, S., Vaithiyanathan, V., and KRISHNAVENI, M., 2013. AMLA: A NOVEL AYURVEDIC HERB AS A FUNCTIONAL FOOD FOR HEALTH BENEFITS"-A MINI. Int J Pharma Pharmaceut Sci, 5.
9. Akilarooran, A., Devi, R.G., and Jyothipriya, A., 2019. Comparative study on hemoglobin levels on amla with honey and dates. Drug Invention Today, 11(6).
10. Charmkar, N.K., and Singh, R., 2017. Emblica officinalis Gaertn. (Amla): a wonder gift of nature to humans. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci, 6(7), pp.4267-4280.
11. Guduchi, S., A REVIEW ON GUDUCHI THROUGH AYURVEDIC TEXTS.