Thai Crab & Green Mango Salad For Diabetes
How This Helps
Preparation time: 1 hr.Serves: 6
1. Green Mangoes – 2 large pcs.(1lbs. each)
2. Sambal Oelek or any Asian Hot sauce- ½ tsp (This ingredient can be omitted)
3. Rice vinegar- 1 cup
4. Cucumber- 1 pc.
5. Asian Fish Sauce- 2 tbsp.
6. Carrots- 3 pcs
7. Watercress- 2 bunches (6-ounce each)
8. Jumbo Lump Crab- 1 lb.
9. Sugar- ¼ cup and 1 tablespoon
10. Thai Red Chili- 2 pcs
11. Garlic- 2 cloves
12. Cilantro- ¼ cup
13. Fresh Lime juice- ¼ cup
14. Fresh Tangerine Juice- ¼ cup
15. Shallot- 1 pc
16. Water- 13 cup
17. Scallions – 3 pcs.
18. Shredded Basil leaves- ½ cup
19. Mint- 1/3 cup
- 1. Prepare the following ingredients: Mince garlic, Thai red chili, and shallot. Coarsely chop the mint and cilantro. Peel and slice the carrots, green mangoes, and cucumbers (remove the seeds) julienne style. Remove the thick stems of the watercress and slice the scallions thinly.
- 2. Combine the 1/4 cup of the sugar with the vinegar, a portion of garlic and chili, and carrots. Store at room temperature. Set aside for 1 hour.
- 3. Use waiting time and prepare the following: Mix the tangerine juices, lime, Sambal Oelek, fish sauce, shallot, remaining 1 tbsp. of sugar, chili, and garlic, and water all together. Stir adequately.
- 4. Add the cucumbers, basil, watercress, green mango, mint, and cilantro then mix them all together.
- 5. Drain the carrots from the previously stored mixture and add it to the mixed cucumbers, basil, watercress, green mango, mint, and cilantro. Add the dressing of choice and toss. Top with the lump crab and scallions.
Grams per serving: 200 g
Calories: 250 kcal
Fat: 2 g
Sat Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 30 g
Sodium: 790 mg
Science and Research