Ensaladang Talong- A Filipino Dish
How This Helps
Filipono Ensaladang Talong dish’s main ingredients have low GI, high in fiber, and low in fat, it can be of help to diabetic, CVD, and obese patients. Only the eggplant requires minimal cooking, and the rest are added fresh, hence the use of oil is avoided so as the other additives or preservatives. Further, nutrients are preserved and are kept from denaturation. The antioxidant properties of the both eggplant and tomatoes can reduce the risk for developing cancer.
Nutrition Information for Filipono Ensaladang Talong Recipe: Grams per serving: 240 g - Calories: 200 kcal; Total Fat: 17 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 7 mg; Potassium: 480 mg; Total Carbohydrates: 10 g;Dietary Fiber: 5 g;Sugars: 5 g;Protein: 2 g
Instructions for Ensaladang Talong Recipe:
1. Chop onions, garlic, and tomatoes into cubes.
2. Broil the eggplants or cook over open fire. Cook until skin is overcooked or appears burned.
3. Peel off the skin and remove the stem of the eggplant, once desired or bearable temperature is reached.
1. Mash the peeled eggplants with a fork up to the desired consistency.
2. Add the onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Add the vinegar- you may add larger amounts as eggplant has a tendency to absorb the vinegar. Add salt as needed. You may use soy sauce, chili flakes, pepper, or shrimp paste instead of vinegar depending on your preference.
Science and Research