Homeopathy For Hair Loss & Baldness Treatment
Hair loss can be due to a number of reasons. Homeopathy has specific treatments for hair loss, depending on the root cause of the problem. The choice of hair loss or baldness treatment relies on diagnosing the precise reason for hair loss, degree of baldness, the grade of hair thinning, and state of the scalp and hair.
Can homeopathy help hair loss?
Why do people lose hair?
Homeopathic medicines for common hair loss types
Can homeopathy help hair loss?
Homeopathy has specific treatments for hair loss, depending on the root cause of the problem. Certified homeopath studies the case history of a patient in detail and finds the origin of the issue. They can then prescribe the appropriate homeopathic medication to the individual.
Hair loss refers to an excessive loss of hair on the scalp. It is customary to get rid of some amount (approximately 100 strands) of hair every day as part of the cycle of growing and shedding of hair. It is a cause for concern once the baldness becomes excessive.
Symptoms such as the following point to the excessive hair loss type:
Excessive hair thinning
Hair loss in patches
M-shaped hair in men
Losing hair in the back of the head or the crown
Why do people lose hair?
Baldness often is due to many various causes such as:
- Nutritional deficiency, eg, proteins, Vitamin B
- Excessive consumption of Vitamin A
- Medical ailments like Thyroid Diseases, Diabetes and PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Stress or anxiety
- Autoimmune disorders
- Hormonal imbalance
- Scalp Psoriasis
- Excessive dryness or oiliness of the scalp
- Change in season
It, therefore, needs a personalized approach for therapy. To treat hair loss effectively, one must go to the root of the issue. The choice of baldness treatment relies on diagnosing the precise reason for hair loss, degree of baldness, the grade of hair thinning, and state of the scalp and hair.
Homeopathic medicines for common hair loss types
Amongst various hair loss and baldness conditions, the most common ones are listed below. Remember to always consult with a certified homeopathic practitioner who can properly evaluate your condition before taking any medicine.
1. Male Pattern Baldness: Male Pattern baldness condition (Androgenic alopecia) is mostly responsible for baldness in men. A typical pattern of receding hairline in the front side and hair thinning at the crown is pronounced. It may even progress to partial or complete hair loss in some instances.
- Homeopathy for Male Pattern Baldness
Homeopathic remedy for hair loss is a more conservative type of treatment in comparison with conventional treatments. Conventional treatment includes the use of drugs such as minoxidil and finasteride and other methods such as a hair transplant.
Minoxidil stimulates the hair follicles and is supposed to help grow new hair. Still, it can have side effects such as unwanted body hair, irregular heartbeat, allergic drug reactions such as a rash, or dizziness.
Finasteride is a medication used to treat inflammation in the prostate glands by decreasing the creation of DTH, which also can help reduce the rate of hair loss. Its side effects include allergic reactions, impotence, and loss of interest in sex.
Is Homeopathic treatment successful in men? Homeopathic treatment for baldness works by targeting the root cause -- if it's a hormonal problem or a disease. There are no side effects of homeopathic medications for male balding, making them a compelling choice.
- Best Homeopathic Medicines for Male Pattern Baldness
- Lycopodium Clavatum for Hair Regrowth
Lycopodium Clavatum (prepared from a plant called club moss) is homeopathic medicine to treat male pattern baldness. This plant is of pure order Lycopodiaceae.
This homeopathic medicine for rapid baldness in male pattern hair loss is quite useful. Typically, there's hair loss from the sides of the scalp or the temple area. Along with that, dandruff might be present with a terrible odor from the scalp.
- Baryta Carb for Male Pattern Baldness - Hair Loss from Top of Scalp
This homeopathic medicine is used for male pattern hair loss, where hair loss is mostly visible on the scalp crown (vertex). The scalp may be sensitive to touch, together with a crawling sensation.
- Silicea - for Male Pattern Baldness in Younger Males
Silicea is a useful homeopathic medication for male pattern baldness in very young men, where the men often experience hair loss very early in their lifetime. Intense itching and prickling of the scalp, excessive perspiration on the scalp with a bad odor can also be present. Another essential feature is that the feeling of coldness felt on the scalp.
- Managing Male Pattern Baldness
Managing Male pattern baldness demands a preventative approach. If you are wondering if male pattern balding is reversible or not, the solution is -- it depends. It is dependent upon the root cause of hair fall and treated with the support of homeopathy.
However, hair loss treatment without using any extreme techniques is possible. A few of them include:
Washing hair with gentle motions and warm water, and drying them carefully to keep the rest of the hair.
Reducing stress and getting good sleep is vital because the concentration of growth hormones in the body is the greatest during sleep.
Embracing baldness as part of aging, genetics, and life, generally speaking, helps escape the stigma which surrounds the issue. It's a natural part of life and should be adopted as is. Cases of male pattern balding are plentiful, and lots of actors are living proof that this is nature's way of life.
Reversing male pattern hair loss is subject to individual aspects. Generalized treatments may work on some individuals, but others see no concrete or long-term outcomes.
2. Female Pattern Baldness: Also called androgenetic alopecia, female pattern baldness is among the most frequent types of baldness in females. Women experience thinning hair, widening of the hair parting, and a decrease in the density in addition to the quantity of hair.
- What causes Female Pattern Baldness?
In Females, the primary cause of baldness is the growth of the hair follicles. This shrinking contributes to the creation of thin and short hair, together with a shortening of the hair growth stage.
Researchers have not determined the cause yet, even though the androgens (hormones) are possible suspects.
The significant contributing factor towards female pattern hair loss is a genetic predisposition (history of baldness on each side of the family). Middle-aged and menopausal women experience this type of hair loss.
Female pattern hair loss in the 20s is usually associated with heredity, lifestyle, or anxiety.
- Homeopathic Medicines for Hair Fall in Females
- Natrum Mur Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Loss in Women
Natrum Mur is a homeopathic medicine for baldness in women who lose hair on the slightest touch. They might also be anemic or experiencing hair loss after childbirth. Together with hair loss, severe headache after the delivery of a child may be present.
- Sepia Succus - Best Homeopathic Medicine for Female Pattern Baldness
This homeopathic medicine is used to treat female pattern hair loss and baldness. A frequent symptom of this medication is a history of long-term headaches. Sepia Succus has been successful in treating female pattern hair loss around the menopausal phase. Side effects may include hot flushes followed by perspiration and chills. Bearing down pains in the uterus along with hair loss may be present.
- Managing Female Pattern Hair loss
Any treatment for female pattern balding targets the slowing down the rate of hair loss. Seldom do these treatments concentrate on promoting hair regrowth. Issues with baldness in females are stress and anxiety with the loss of self-confidence. Using wigs and scarves is one way to take care of a very natural condition.
3. Alopecia Areata: It is among the most common forms of baldness where hair falls out in round patches. In this condition, hair may fall from the scalp or from anywhere else in the body. The spots appear suddenly and might spread quickly in a relatively brief period.
- Homeopathic Medicines For Alopecia Areata
An extra-zealous immune system causes alopecia areata. The immune system treats hair as a foreign object and begins to attack it, leading to hair loss. The following homeopathic medicines can treat individuals with alopecia areata.
- Fluoricum Acidum
This medication is considered excellent for baldness, Especially alopecia areata, where the individual prevents hair from spots on the scalp. Additionally, it is adept at managing the consequent baldness after a period of illness, baldness, hair fall brought on by syphilis, and hair gets tangled a lot.
- Vinca Minor
Vinca Minor is effective in treating alopecia with dandruff. It also treats abnormal hair growth i.e., if the hair grows out like white wool.
- Calcarea Carbonica
Patients with hair loss and intense itching and sweating of the scalp can find relief with Calcarea Carbonica.
4. Scalp conditions:
- Scalp Psoriasis: Flaking of the scalp characterizes this condition, where you can observe visible red patches of skin with white scales associated with itching.
- Seborrhoeic Dermatitis: You know it as dandruff - a scaly skin disease of the scalp. It affects 40 percent of the population worldwide. Though it's comparatively harmless, research demonstrates that dandruff can change the hair cycle, causing baldness.
- Homeopathic Medicine for Scalp Conditions Hair Loss=
- Arsenic Album - Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall from Lichen Planus
This homeopathic medicine for baldness treats the condition that happens because of the autoimmune disease lichen planus. Rough, bald spots on the scalp may appear, together with burning and itching. The scalp may become sensitive to touch.
- Graphites Naturalis for Hair Loss from a Fungal Infection (tinea capitis)
This homeopathic medicine for hair loss treats the condition because of a fungal infection of the scalp. Scaly, itchy spots on the scalp look, accompanied by baldness. Intense itching on the scalp, soreness on the scalp, in addition to a burning sensation may be present.
- Kali Sulph - Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall from Seborrheic Dermatitis
Kali Sulph is a homeopathic medicine for baldness that occurs because of seborrheic dermatitis. The dandruff flakes are yellowish, very moist, and tacky. Your scalp may be itchy, and this gets worse in hot conditions.
- Thuja Occidentalis - Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall and Dandruff
Thuja Occidentalis is a homeopathic medicine for baldness and dandruff. This medication comes from a plant called Arborvitae. This medication treats cases where the dandruff is white, hair is dry with split ends, and falls out quickly. It helps treat dandruff in addition to associated hair fall.
Mezereum - Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall because of Folliculitis
This homeopathic medicine for hair loss treats the condition in situations where the hair becomes destroyed as a result of folliculitis of the scalp. Symptoms such as thick crusty eruptions on the scalp, a release of thick offensive pus, matting of hair, breeding of bacteria, and the gradual eating from the head as a result of discharges lead to baldness.
4. Trichotillomania: The hair does not fall by itself; it's pulled out by the individual in response to psychological stress. Just as some individuals have a propensity to bite their fingernails or poke their skin when worried, patients of trichotillomania wind up pulling their hair out.
- Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall
- Phosphorus - Best Homeopathic Medicine for surplus Hair Fall
Phosphorus is a homeopathic medicine for baldness wherein the hair falls out too in bunches. The hair might be dry, and early greying of hair may also be present. Dandruff and excessive itching are various other symptoms.
- Fluoricum Acidum -- Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Loss in specific areas or spots
This homeopathic medicine for hair loss treats the condition that occurs in particular areas (alopecia areata). It's an excellent treatment for hair loss in people who have a hot temperament who always needs to maintain a serene atmosphere. This medication also treats alopecia areata because of typhoid fever.
- Wiesbaden Aqua - Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Regrowth
Wiesbaden Is a homeopathic medicine for baldness. It's a natural homeopathic medicine sourced from springs of Wiesbaden in Prussia. This medication is known to assist the rapid growth of hair, and also helps make the hair darker and dense in color.
- Vinca Minor for Hair Fall with Itching
This homeopathic medicine for alopecia areata prepared from a plant named lesser periwinkle. This plant belongs to family Apocynaceae. The medication treats bald spots on the scalp covered with short, wooly hair.
- Phosphoric Acid for Hair Fall from Grief
This homeopathic medicine for hair loss treats the condition that happens because of grief and regret. People experiencing an early graying of the hair, baldness happening following a fever, sadness, after a significant life event find relief with this medication.
- Calcarea Carb for Hair Fall due to Hypothyroid
Calcarea Carb is a homeopathic medicine for baldness that occurs because of hypothyroid. The hair may come out upon brushing, and most of the hair fall occurs from the face of the crown or scalp area. The scalp may also have yellowish-white scales. A propensity to gain weight and intolerance towards cold are other symptoms.
- Thallium Met -Homeopathic Medicine for Rapid Hair Fall
Homeopathic Medication Thallium Met works well in situations where rapid baldness is present. The baldness may be general or in areas and generally occurs after the individual goes through severe, exhausting diseases.
5. Homeopathy For Hair Loss In Women After Childbirth
- Pulsatilla Pratensis
This medicine is for women suffering from post-delivery hair loss. Side effects may include a lack of thirst and a desire to breathe fresh air.
- Natrum Muriaticum
It's used to treat a myriad of problems and is excellent for treating post-childbirth hair fall or baldness in women suffering from anemia.
Do you have a personal story to share about what worked for your condition? Share your journey so others can heal.