Boerhavia diffusa has the potential to reduce pain and inflammation of the joints and gives beneficial effects in arthritis.
· The juice of Boerhavia diffusa can treat indigestion, anorexia (loss of appetite), constipation, and related abdominal pain; as this herb has carminative (flatulence relief) and laxative properties.
· In herbal medicine, Boerhavia diffusa is considered an excellent natural remedy for piles and other anorectal diseases.
· Boerhavia diffusa is used to treat respiratory tract disorders including cough and asthma. The herb helps to expel out the stuck mucous in the respiratory tract and provide relief from productive cough and repetitive asthma attacks.
· Boerhavia diffusa is used to improve semen quality and quantity and also effective in erection-related problems in males. Different herbal medicinal preparations contain B. diffusa seeds for rejuvenation of the male reproductive system.
· Infection-free skin can be achieved by applying its paste on the affected skin.
· B. diffusa can increase hemoglobin content and efficiently treating anemic patients.
· It can improve renal activity and also can prevent and be effective against renal calculi (kidney stone), cystitis, and nephritis. It has diuretic property (increase fluid excretion quantity). The increased elimination of toxins via urine also acts as a detoxification of the whole body.
· B. diffusa is useful for all types of liver diseases, including jaundice by balancing liver enzymes. The plant extract ameliorates the elevated level of serum bilirubin and provides protection against lipid peroxidation in liver enzyme activities. Thus, Boerhaviadiffusa has hepatoprotective properties.
· In Ayurveda, B. diffusa is recommended to control heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle (menorrhagia).
· Multiple phenolics, flavonoid phytochemicals, and an abundant amount of vitamin C and E provide DPPH (free radical) scavenging capacity to the Boerhaviadiffusa and also enhance the total white blood cells count. Thus, it is a good antioxidant, prevents aging, and acts as an immunity booster.
· Boerhaaviadiffusa prevents multiple inflammatory ailments and cancer. It can be promising as a potential chemotherapeutic agent to treat estrogen-dependent breast cancers. The scientific study supports that B. diffusa has potential antiproliferative and antiestrogenic effects and may be able to treat estrogen-mediated breast cancers.
Boerhaavia diffusa has anti-metastatic activity by suppressing serum vascular endothelial growth factor and other associated biochemical parameters. This herb can be recommended for prophylactic treatment for lung cancer.
It can significantly reduce multiple pro-inflammatory cytokines, including IL-1beta, TNF-alpha, and IL-6 to control the inflammatory conditions. [1,2, 3,4, 5, 6]
Ayurveda for Healthy Aging & Longevity
Anti Aging Weight Issues Naturopathic Approach