Proctitis in a retired defense personal - Army Veteran
Total years in practice: 12
C/O- Chronic IBS, bloody stool, opaque whitish discharge with stools, uneasy stools might be due to slight pain, urinary incontinence (BPH-grade 3rd)
Ailment time period- 10+ years
Treatment history- Got IBS treatment for more than 5 years without success, later got complicated into proctitis. Doctor advised for surgery.
Hetu- Excessive alcohol, rotational night shifts, over consumption of Non Veg diet.
-Advised diet correction with yoga (Paschimotanasan to begin with), along with
Nagaradi kashaya, kamdudha ras, Kutaj parpati vati for first 15 day.
- Changed the meds to Kutajawleha, laghussotshekhar ras and savanna parpati. - Continued for another 30 days.
- Total treatment duration 60 days.
- Patient got no relief in initial 15 days so line of treatment was changed.
- Got improvement in next 15 days but was not satisfactory.
- Treatment continued with some changes for another 30 days but the symptoms
were only improved up to some extent let say 30-40% relief.
- Patient discontinued the treatment as he was unsatisfied.
- Age plays an important role in recovery as Ayurveda says, Grahani rog is
very tough to treat in old patients due to weak immunity and chronicity of the disease.